Friday, January 14, 2011

Term 1 Week 2: (Weekend Assignment)


Book selected: Danny the Champion of the World

This book is about a boy named Danny and his poaching adventures with his father. They are very poor and run a filling station and auto repair shop. Whenever I read about Danny, I will always think that if I were him, I would most probably go crazy. He does not have any television, computer, hand phone or even a radio to listen too! Bread with baked beans counts as a special occasion. Compared to him I am very lucky. However, this does not seem to bother him. Instead, he finds other things to do with his father, like making mini hot air balloons and poaching. This book has taught me to not take anything for granted. I hope can live a happy life as eventful, as family-bonding as Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment